Oslo

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /customers/3/6/3/vejafgifter.dk/httpd.www/EnglishVersion/wordpress/wp-includes/functions-formatting.php on line 76

The toll roads surrounding Oslo was established in 1990 and since 1. October 2008 it has included the western Baerum zone.

From 1990 to 2001 the Norwegian government covered 44 per cent of the investments in roads and public transportations. The remaining 56 per cent of the cost came from toll road earnings. In total transport projects worth 11 billion NOK (€4.3 billion) has been completed with this allocation. Since then, the state financed percentage rate has dropped slightly.

The financial agreement between the local councils and the government goes by the names, “Oslo package 1” and “Oslo package 2”.

As of February 2008, Oslo changed its toll road pay system. The old coin-drop was replaced with an automatic payment system.

The idea of an expansion of the toll road original came for the Oslo package 3. Herein lays the financing of the existing road system, and an expansion of public transportation. The main part of the revenues is directed into the future development of the western Baerum zone.